LAST UPDATED: October 15, 2014.
Personal Information We May Collect “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, including:
• Name • Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses) • Telephone number • Email address • Credit and debit card number • Profile picture • Social media account ID • Your login information UseClark also collects information about your use of the Services in order to enable UseClark to serve you better.
How We May Collect Personal Information We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you sign up for to become a developer, make a purchase, or sign up for services from us. • Through your use of Apps containing our technology: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers; and what information and files have been viewed using the App based on your device number and your login data. • From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles. How We May Use Personal Information We may use Personal Information:
• To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you updates. • To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. • To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service. • To provide you with requested software development materials. • To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. • To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you. • To facilitate social sharing functionality. • To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address. • For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities. • As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. • To enable you to use third party apps incorporating the Services.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
• Browser and device information • App usage data • Information collected through cookies, HTML5 local storage, pixel tags and other technologies • Demographic information and other information provided by you • Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Many app developers incorporate our technology into their apps. We are not responsible for the practices of those developers and your use of their apps will be subject to their privacy policies and procedures. Likewise, we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with these practices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
• Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by sending an email to [email protected] with “No Communications” in the subject line or writing us at UseClark., Oudeschans 83-2, 1011KW Amsterdam, The Netherlands • Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by email to [email protected] with “No Third Party Marketing” in the subject line or writing us at Oudeschans 83-2, 1011 KW Amsterdam, the Netherlands. • Receiving targeted advertisements based on your use of the Services: if you would prefer not to be directed targeted advertising based on your use of the Services, you may opt-out of this sharing by email to [email protected] with “No Targeted Advertisements” in the subject line or writing us at Oudeschans 83-2, 1011 KW Amsterdam, the Netherlands. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may contact us by: Sending an email to [email protected] or by writing to Useclark, Oudeschans 83-2, 1011 KW Amsterdam, the Netherlands. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
UseClark, Oudeschans 83-2, 1011 KW Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your emails to us.